For over 20 years, Parag has been advocating for the rights of those injured due to all types of negligence as well as those injured on the job. With over 30 jury verdicts to his name, he has successfully recovered millions of dollars for his clients.
Parag joined Gardi & Haught in 2016 after over 10 years at top Chicago injury firms. He brings his wealth of experience and contacts to Schaumburg, but continues to handle cases throughout the Chicagoland area. He makes his home in the Northwest Suburbs with his wife and two children.
Some of Parag’s recent representative awards and settlements include:
- A $5,000,000 total recovery for a union laborer who was injured when she fell from through the roof of a building on scaffolding poles below. She suffered neck, hip, and pelvic injuries requiring 3 surgeries but was ultimately unable to return to her trade. This settlement was reached despite the Court system being fully shut down during the Covid-19 pandemic.
- A $2,000,000 combined settlement for two non-union laborers who were injured when bricks fell on them while they were working at a demolition worksite. One suffered a neck injury requiring a fusion surgery and the other underwent shoulder surgery.
- A $400,000 workers’ compensation trial award for a plumbing piece assembler who injured her neck while working with a wrench. Her employer refused to provide her any benefits even after she had two major neck surgeries. This case was appealed all the way to the Illinois Appellate Court, with the Plaintiff being victorious at every stage.
- $400,000 personal injury award for a 43-year-old physician who underwent shoulder surgery after being struck by a car while riding his bicycle.
- A $305,000 settlement for a union carpenter who suffered a low back injury while lifting a cabinet. Parag was able to secure this settlement despite the employee suffering a unrelated back injury just one month before his injury at work.
- $305,000 workers’ compensation award for a 55-year-old union carpenter who underwent 2 back surgeries.
- A $200,000 settlement for a 67-year-old man that slipped and fell on a strawberry that was on the floor of a grocery store. He sustained a fractured kneecap but recovered 100% within a year of his accident.
- $240,000 workers’ compensation award for a 60-year-old truck driver who underwent surgery on a previously injured shoulder.
- $188,000 workers’ compensation award for a 64-year-old bartender who underwent a single level lumbar fusion surgery.
- A $133,000 jury trial verdict against the City of Chicago for a 66-year-old woman who tripped and fell in a plaza near a CTA train station, sustaining a fractured thigh bone. The City made no settlement offer prior to the verdict.
- A $131,500 arbitration award for a 63-year-old woman who was struck by a car while crossing the street. She sustained a neck injury that did not require surgery.
- $105,000 personal injury maximum policy limit award for a 36-year-old gas station clerk who suffered a broken nose and leg fracture while asleep as a passenger in a drunk driver’s vehicle. The driver did not have insurance, so we had to convince the vehicle-owner’s insurance company that they were liable.
- $100,000 personal injury maximum policy limit award for a 73-year-old pedestrian who underwent a knee replacement after being struck by a car in a parking lot.
- $100,000 personal injury maximum policy limit award for a 68-year-old woman who underwent wrist surgery after getting t-boned at an intersection.
Parag graduated with honors in 2002 from the University of Miami School of Law. He earned his undergraduate degree from Washington University in St. Louis, where he studied Political Science, Business, and Spanish.
Community & Professional Experience:
Throughout his legal career, Parag has fought for the rights of those wrongfully injured at work and by the negligence of others. With over 30 jury trial verdicts, he has the experience that many attorneys claim but only few actually have.
In addition to his jury trial experience, Parag has been successfully argued cases in Federal Court as well as the 1st and 2nd District Appellate Courts of Illinois. Parag handles cases in Cook, Lake, Will, DuPage, and Kane Counties.
Parag has been named as an “Emerging Lawyer” by Leading Lawyers, an honor bestowed upon the top 2% of attorneys in Illinois. He routinely lectures before other attorneys, physicians, nurses, and union members at continuing education seminars and meetings. He also volunteers his time teaching inner-city youths through the Constitutional Rights Foundation of Chicago. He currently serves as Treasurer of the South Asian Bar Association’s Charitable Foundation, and is a former Vice President of the SABA Chicago Bar Association. He is also an active member of the Illinois Trial Lawyer Association and the Workers’ Compensation Lawyers’ Association.